Sunday, April 15, 2012

Biscuits!

I am a sucker for a good biscuit. In my experience, the best place to get a biscuit is the south. They know what they are doing. This is a recipe from one of the Junior League Recipe books. I tweeked it a little just because I didn't have all the ingredients but it made a pretty sweet biscuit.
   

It is a super simple recipe:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons shortening, I used pork lard just cuz I didn't have any shortening
1 cup milk

You mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together and then put the lard into a food processor and mix until a nice crumb texture.


Then you make a well and pour in the milk and mix it together. It will be a pretty sticky dough. Flour the counter and knead the dough for a few seconds. Then roll out the dough until its about 1/2 inch thick. Then cut out a biscuit cutter or you could do what I did and use the baking powder container as a guide and cut it with a butter knife, but a biscuit cutter is way easier.


Then bake them on a cookie sheet at 450 for 12-15 minutes.



I had these biscuits with butter and jam but they would go great along with dinner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment